Tel:86-991-2699399
No Shopping, Reliable Local Agency.
Home / Xinjiang Attractions / The Site of the Han Town of Barkol

The Site of the Han Town of Barkol

The Site of the Han Town of Barkol Located in the western part of the county seat of Barkol, the Han Town was a barracks for the soldiers of Han nationality built by the Ninyuan General Yuezhongqi in the 9th year of Yongzheng reign of the Qing Dynasty (1731). With a length of 1,554m from the east to the west and a width of 789m from the south to the north, the town is a rectangular0-rammed construction. There are buttresses on the wall, and in four corners of the city and outside the wall are semicircular watchtowers and emplacements. In the middle of the walls of four sides, there opened a gate respectively, with their semicircular barbican entrances well preserved. Now it is listed as a major cultural site under the autonomous region protection.