Tel:86-991-2699399
No Shopping, Reliable Local Agency.
Home / Xinjiang Attractions / Ruins of Laining City

Ruins of Laining City

Ruins of Laining City is located in the court of the Public Security Office of the Prefecture. Now only south gate, north and southwest city walls, and barbican entrance in the south gate have been remained. In 1762, after putting down the “elder and younger Khoja’s rebellion”, the Qing government established the Kashgar Councillor Minister Government Office in the northwest of the old city of Kashgar to control the eight cities in southern Xinjiang. Inside it there are government office and barracks. In the south of the city there are set up a drill ground, general platform, and Guandi temple. In 1771, the Emperor Gaozong of the Qing Dynasty granted in due form its name “Laining City”, while the local people customarily called it “New City” or “Man City”. In 1794, some shops were built outside the city. The Laining City was destroyed in Zhang Geer’s rebellion in 1826.

  • Ruins of Laining City
  • Ruins of Laining City
  • Ruins of Laining City
  • Ruins of Laining City